At K’gari Fraser Island Adventures, we take pride in offering great customer service and love delivering a great experience to you, our guest. Our mission is to help you have a great time cruising the beaches and negotiating the sand dunes of K’gari – Fraser Island. Please read through our terms and conditions of our guided tours, accommodation and 4WD hire.
Cancellation policy for bookings:
All bookings cancelled/changed with less than 14 full calendar days notice prior to your booked travel date will incur a 50% charge of the total ticket price. All bookings cancelled/changed with less than 7 calendar days notice or failure to board the tour will incur a 100% charge of the total ticket price unless your seat/s are booked by another guest/s prior to the tour departure (refund for reselling seat is offered for direct bookings only. A $50 cancellation/date change fee per person is applied to all cancellations and travel date change requests.
If you want to cancel the booking outside of the 14 days we will refund the amount charged less a $50 cancellation fee per person.
To request a booking cancellation, they must be supplied via email to [email protected]
We strongly recommend you plan ahead by looking into travel insurance to ensure you don’t lose out if something out of your control leads you to missing out on your experiences last minute.
In the event that a tour is not possible due to weather conditions making it impossible to reach the island, we will be in touch as soon as we are sure we cannot fulfil a tour for your safety to reschedule your ticket. This can be a last minute decision due to flash floods or other events that are out of our control.
COVID CANCELLATION/CREDIT GUARANTEE
What are your options if you have to cancel because of Covid?
We are doing our best to be flexible and considerate during these challenging times and we kindly ask for you to work with us through the challenges of covid.
If you need to cancel your K’gari Adventure within the 14 full calendar days cancellation terms due to covid, you have 4 options.
- Change your travel date. Move your travel date to another available departure date. You can only change once due to covid.
- Open date your travel voucher. Change your ticket to an indefinite open dated booking (no expiry date). Open dated vouchers are subject to price increases. If you choose to open date your booking, you cannot cancel and request a refund for your credit.
- Sell your ticket. You can change the name on your ticket provided we are given 24 hours notice.
Please not that you will need to provide evidence to support your covid cancellation request such as a positive PCR test or boarder closure notice. If you are unable to provide supporting documentation you will be subject to our standard terms and conditions.
Through lots of hard work and dedication, we have developed what we believe to be the ultimate K’gari – Fraser Island tour. Guided by our passion for adventure, respect for nature and commitment to your experience our tours have become a little famous down under.
Safety is always a concern but it is all of our responsibilities and we ask that you pay attention to our instructions and ask should something not make sense, we are always happy to take the time to explain further. To help guide you into making the right choices for your safety and the safety of others whilst you are on the island we ask that you read our comprehensive Terms & Conditions carefully and be aware that you are acknowledge and accept these T&C’s when you book one of our tours.
Sadly not even Tesla has designed a vehicle that can withstand the extreme conditions that our much-loved 4WD trucks encounter on K’gari – Fraser Island/Cooloola National Park but please be assured that we maintain all our tour vehicles to the highest standards to ensure your safety. Despite our efforts, mechanical failure cannot be completely prevented and can happen through no fault of the driver or K’gari Adventures. We kindly ask for you to bear with us in the case of a breakdown and trust that we always have a solid Plan B ready to execute so you can relax and know that you are in very good hands.
Self-Drive Tag-Along Tour Terms & Conditions
All guests are responsible for:
- Listening to all the instructions/information from the Guide either by walkie-talkie or when they directly address the group.
- Drivers must follow the wheel tracks/direction of the Guide driven Lead Vehicle, keeping a safe distance of at least 3 car lengths from the vehicle in front and to only drive in a tag-along/convoy formation and in the order that the vehicles are set at the beginning of the tour.
- Seatbelt’s must be worn at all times by all guests when travelling in the vehicle and the responsibility starts and remains with the driver.
- Police do patrol Fraser Island and all road rules apply when driving on the beaches and inland tracks. Guests are responsible for obeying Queensland road rules and fines will apply if you are speeding or if the driver/passengers are not wearing their seatbelt.
- Vehicles are not permitted to be overloaded with passengers and must have nothing packed on the roof of any tag along vehicles.
- The Guide has the authority to refuse anyone suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs from driving any vehicle.
- The Guide/K’gari Adventures Management reserves the right to remove guests from the tour if they feel that they are a threat to anyone’s safety or are negatively impacting the tour and/or other guests experience.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to immediately inform the driver if they feel unsafe or believes damage could occur to the vehicle due to driver fault, speeding or not following the rules set in these terms and conditions and by the Guide.
- Individuals are responsible for any damages caused to any equipment/facilities at any accommodation facility provided including any camping equipment supplied, or any other equipment provided in conjunction with this tour as a result of negligence.
- K’gari Adventures accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings being stored or in transit. It is your responsibility to look after your belongings whilst travelling and we recommend that you purchase travel insurance whilst you are travelling in Australia.
- Tour itinerary’s and accommodation options are subject to change without notice due to tide times, seasons, weather conditions or any other circumstances such as QPWS closures.
All drivers are responsible for:
- ALL drivers must be 21 years of age or over, hold a current valid/full drivers licence, have held their licence for more than 12 months and have no drink driving convictions and/or other driving offences that have resulted in their licence being suspended/revoked from them within the last 5 years.
- ALL drivers are responsible for their traffic fines and/or any damages caused to the vehicle or other guests property as a result of driver negligence.
- Drivers must at all times follow the wheel tracks of the lead vehicle unless avoiding obstacles, sea water or it is deemed unsafe.
- Drivers will always keep at the speed of the lead vehicle and flash headlights or radio via 2-way if there are any problems.
- Drivers must always inform the lead driver when changing the driver of any tag along vehicles.
- Vehicles must NEVER be driven in sea/salt water!! A $100 FINE will apply if you drive in sea/salt water deliberately or if no attempt was made to avoid it and it could have been avoided safely!
- Drivers are not to drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs and are fully responsible for the safety of all passengers travelling in the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is damaged, for example; gets flooded, immersed in water, stranded, incurs underbody damage, burnt out clutch, engine failure, gearbox failure, blown tyres, bent rims, battery misuse, suspension, handbrake, diff damage, glass or panels including the interior of the vehicle and all accessories due to unsafe/irresponsible driving or as a direct result of not following the rules of the Terms & Conditions set out in this document and/or by your Guide. As the vehicle driver you will be responsible for 75% of the damage costs and K’gari Adventures will pay the remaining 25% for vehicle repairs as well as the insurance for loss of income whilst the vehicle is being fixed/replaced.
- In the event of damages/accidents, the driver at fault is responsible for paying 75% of the cost incurred for repairs but not exceeding more than $1650. If the vehicle is a write-off the driver will pay up to $10,000 for the car to be replaced. Vehicles are only insured with 3rd Party Insurance and are therefore not insured for damages caused to the vehicle/s due to driver error/negligence nor are they insured for single vehicle accidents caused by driver error. These charges will be immediately charged to the drivers credit card in full and following a full assessment of the damages within 14 business days the driver will be sent a comprehensive damage report/invoice and will be refunded the difference if damage costs are less than the original amount charged.
- K’gari Adventures accepts no responsibility for any deaths or injuries caused by the fault of the driver and/or passengers.
We will always attempt to have any problem fixed as quickly as possible and with minimal impact to your K’gari – Fraser Island experience but we will not compensate for any of the following:
- Guests missing connecting travel arrangements
- Any changes to the itinerary or missed components of the tour
- Damage to any personal items such as camera’s, clothing or backpacks etc
- Personal stress and anguish experienced due to a breakdown
- Time lost due to equipment failure or severe weather conditions
- Any impact on the tour due to Natural disasters, Cyclones or extreme weather conditions
Tour components not utilised are non-refundable and the tour price is subject to change without notice. Your safety and the care of your property is our concern but it is ultimately your responsibility. K’gari Adventures takes no responsibility for people acting irresponsibly or not following instructions given by our Guides. If your behaviour is deemed dangerous or unacceptable you will be asked to leave the tour with no compensation and will be charged for all additional transportation costs that are incurred by K’gari Fraser Island Adventures in order to remove you from the tour.
Please note: Cancellation polices for the Whitsundays are subject to each individual operator. These are subject to change and can be found on the tour operators website.
Bookings are taken with a confirmation of a 10% non refundable deposit. If you choose or are unable to make your booking at any point after confirming your booking with us, this deposit cannot be refunded.
All bookings cancelled or rescheduled with less than 14 days notice prior to the date of check-in will incur a 50% charge of the total booking amount.
All bookings cancelled or rescheduled with less than 7 days notice prior to the date of check-in will incur a 100% charge of the total booking amount.
All requested date changes/open dated bookings will be honoured free of charge if 21 days notice is given.
All bookings must be secured with the reservation payment and with credit card details on file that is valid until after the check in date or can be subject to cancellation
‘Accommodation’ refers to any booking that reserves a room that can be rebooked whether on tour or with a 4WD hire with Kgari Fraser Island Adventures or self catering through the Beachcamp ECO retreat
4WD HIRE cancellations
All bookings cancelled regardless of notice will incur a $50 admin fee.
All bookings cancelled or rescheduled with less than 14 days notice prior to the date of pick up will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
All bookings cancelled or rescheduled with less than 7 days notice prior to the date of pick up will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
All requested date changes will be honoured free of charge if 21 days notice or more is given or if the 4WD hire days are booked by another guest.
All bookings must be secured with a 50% deposit and with a credit card that is valid until after the check in date.
4WD HIRE AGREEMENT
All drivers must be no younger than 25 years or age and be listed on this agreement to be covered by insurance.
The hirer acknowledges:
- That the owner may terminate this agreement and repossess the vehicle without notice if the owner suspects that the hirer has breached this agreement.
- That the owner be the sole arbiter in assessment of loss or damage relating to this agreement.
- Vehicles must be returned before 5.30pm on the last day of hire unless a later time is approved by the company and stated on this agreement.
- Vehicles returned that are excessively dirty inside or out will incur a $100 cleaning charge.
- As the agreed hirer I will be responsible for all traffic violations and damage due to misuse of the vehicle or breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- At no point is the vehicle to be driven in salt/seawater, on the west coast of Fraser island, north of champagne pools or between sunset and sunrise (in the dark).
- That the hire vehicle must not be driven on the beach 2-3 hours either side of high tide as indicated in the table at the top of this agreement. exceptions may be made in certain circumstances but must be authorised prior by the company.
- Tyre pressures must be adjusted to suit conditions: 35 psi sealed roads and 24psi sand driving
- A single vehicle accident, damage or loss liability is up to $10,000 payable to the company in the event of a write off.
- Additional third party insurance excess which would apply in a multi vehicle accident will be charged at a total of $1500 in addition to the single vehicle liability charges.
Vehicles and goods left at the company’s premises are left at the hirers risk
All our vehicles are supplied in a good and tidy condition. You agree to return the vehicle in the same condition except for ordinary wear and tear not including damages caused by you, the hirer. The company may take possession of the vehicle if it is illegally parked, abandoned, used in violation of the law or the hire agreement. The company must be notified and agree to an extension of the period of hire beyond that stated on the signed Hire Agreement in advance of the return date and time and will immediately be reported as stolen if the extension of time is not requested and agreed by the company.
Unauthorised and prohibited use
Persons that must not drive the vehicle are:
- person who is not licensed for that class of vehicle
- person that is not identified on the hire agreement
- person who’s blood alcohol level exceeds the lawful percentage (0.05)
- person who has given a false name, age, address or drivers licence
- person who’s driving licence has been cancelled or suspended in the last 3 years
- person who has had a drivers licence for less than 3 years
- person who is under the age of 25 years old
Circumstances that the vehicle must not be used:
- outside the area of use indicated by the company
- on unsealed roads or off road conditions between sunset and sunrise
- to carry persons for hire or additional persons not included in the number of passengers indicated on the hire agreement
- to carry inflammable explosive or corrosive materials
- to propel or tow any vehicle trailer or boat unless authorised by the company in writing
- to carry any great load or number of persons in a manner for a purpose other than for which it is designed and constructed
- to carry any animals or pets unless authorised by the company in writing
- for racing, pace making, speed trials, hill climbing or being tested in preparation for these purposes
- in a dangerous manner
- in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic or for any illegal purpose.
Special note: joint hirers and all drivers are jointly responsible under this agreement. You are responsible for and by entering into this agreement you authorise the company to debit the credit card provided and any other credit card provided and will pay on demand any balance with the following charges.
- all rental charges specified
- all charges in respect to any parking or traffic violations during the hire period
- all loss and damage to the motor vehicle including loss of use, legal expenses, assessment fees, towing and recovery, consequential third party damage.
- Any condition of this agreement particularly relating to any special condition that has been breached.
- The vehicle is not under control of the authorised hirer at the time of loss.
- The vehicle is involved in a single vehicle incident unless the company waivers such loss.
- You’ve left the vehicle unlocked or with the keys in the vehicle and it is stolen
- You’ve not kept the key secure
- The under body of the vehicle is damaged regardless of cause
- The vehicle is totally or partially submerged in water regardless of cause.
- The interior of the vehicle is damaged regardless of cause
- The tyres of the vehicle are damaged other than normal wear
- You’ve failed to maintain all fluid and fuel levels or failed to immediately report to the company any defect of which you become aware
- You have used the wrong fluids to top up any levels including fuel
- The vehicle is damaged by any loading or unloading
- You’ve failed to secure any load or equipment which leads to any interior damage
- You will promptly report any incident involving loss or damage to the vehicle
- You release and hold harmless the Company and its agents and employees from all claims for loss or damages to your personal property or any others persons property left in the vehicle
- No right of the company under this agreement may be waived except in writing by an officer of the company
- All loss and damage per incident leading to loss or damage is subject to the damage or liability charge per incident.
The vehicle must be returned with the amount of fuel equal to that at the time of rental. If the vehicle is returned with less fuel the vehicle will be filled at the cost of the hirer.
Child/Booster seats will be supplied and fitted carefully by our staff if available. Although we have fitted the seat it is the hirers responsibility to check and adjust the straps and mountings, harness straps and clips and the suitability of the seat provided in relation to the child’s weight, size and age.
Exclusion of Liability
In no event will the company be liable for any loss, damage, injury or death to any property or person caused or contributed to by any conduct, act or omission, neglect, breach or default by the company or the companies employees or agents.
All Terms and Conditions, Cancellation Policies and Booking Policies are subject to change and you will be asked to sign our Terms and Conditions check in at our accommodation, at pick up of a hire car or electronically when you join any one of our tours.
The Audio Guide is given free of charge as a complimentary accessory for the hirer’s experience. However, any damage will be changed for the cost of repair plus $50 and replacement of the device will be charged at $250. The hirer is allowed to refuse the use of the MP3 player and not take it with them if they wish.
Guests are able to hire out an Eski free of charge for their duration on the island with their 4WD hire through us. Any damage will incur a $50 fee. Loss of the Eski will incur a replacement fee.
K’gari Fraser Island Adventures has the right to refuse service and cancel bookings. All Terms and Conditions are subject to change.