Hello and welcome to the our green room. On this page you will find information about our green commUNITY partnerships and our public commitment to the planet.
If you’ve found this page then the chances are you’re interested in hearing more about how we do our bit for the planet because you too care about our futures on this big beautiful blue and green planet. Well if you, like us, really care about how you spend your dollar listen read on about how we do our part to help you offset your carbon travel footprint.
We are super proud to say that every aspect of our tours has been designed to not only provide our guests with an incredible nature experience but also to be as environmentally sustainable as we can possibly achieve in this present day but are plans for the future are even bigger!
Living by K’gari lore…
Being culturally respectful is at the core of what we do. Our partnerships and friendships with the traditional custodians of this island have instilled a deep connection in us that goes beyond the realms of business. Everything decision we make in our business has to be good for K’gari, good for you and good for us. Similar, the Butchulla people lived by 3 laws…
1. What is good for the land comes first
Meaning, the biodiversity of the land must be sustained.
2. If you have plenty, you must share
Meaning knowledge passed down through generations.
3. Don’t take what does not belong to you
Meaning life’s necessities, like clean air and water.
We strive to live by these 3 laws too. We do our best, but it’s not always easy. The government doesn’t help much at all when it comes to providing the services the community needs to look after K’gari but nonetheless, we stand side by side with the traditional owners fighting for a future without plastic and without gas guzzling 4WD’s and we won’t give up!
We aim to be 100% carbon neutral by 2030. It’s a mammoth task but with Hana & Mark’s green hearts behind us we have every faith that we will reach our target.
Hana on tour with Khory Hancock, aka The Environmental Cowboy to talking about the island’s ancient rainforests, endless sand dunes and pristine creeks.
Ain’t no single use plastic on our tours! We are Plastic Free Champions and we hope you enjoy watching this video about our war against plastics!
Over the years it has become apparent to us that many people are not as fortunate as our guests to learn much about Dingoes. So we started #FraserDingoWatch to help educate!
Our GREEN CLIMATE ACTION PLAN
1. SUPPORTING LOCALS… Shopping local has always been very important to us so when we started our baby business we wanted to carry this through. Read more here.
2. CONSCIOUS CONSUMING… We do our best to buy only what is necessary and are we’re pretty handy with all manner of tools and we love fixing what we can.
3. PLANET FRIENDLY PRODUCTS… Nearly all the products we buy come in recycled bottles and are all plant based so they are gentle on your skin and our planet.
4. REDUCING WASTE… Food waste is one of our most challenging projects and is for most people. We closely monitor how food consumption to strike the balance between having plenty but not too much.
5. REUSING VALUABLE RESOURCES… Such as plastics. We use used plastic bottles to make ice, this saves us buying in bags and we get pretty creative with making use of “rubbish”.
6. RECYCLING VALUABLE RESOURCES… Recycling is what we are most passionate about, but not just putting it in the, really seeking out opportunities that are helping to close the loop.
7. HARNESSING THE POWER OF THE SUN… We’re proud to say that our two properties on K’gari and our property in Noosa run entirely off solar power.
8. SHARING KNOWLEDGE… and inspiring others to step up their green game. We do lost of community work from hosting our Beach Clean Ups to supporting local conservation groups.
9. EDUCATING OURSELVES… It’s a case of whether you believe in climate change or not, the science is in and we think it’s about time we all educate ourselves before it’s too late.
10. our Carbon Neutral goal…
We are super excited to be on our way to being carbon neutral. We are busy calculating and learning about ways to reduce our carbon footprint at the moment. From calculating all the waste (both landfill and recyclable) that is produced from our tours and team, tracking the amount of diesel and petrol used by our cars and keeping track of the amount of meat consumed on our tours. It’s a big job, it’s a hard job but it’s a worthy goal that we are all extremely passionate about achieving soon.
Bring on 2030 hey!