Hello there, and welcome to our why. We are so much more than an adventure company, we are a commUNITY of green hearted eco warriors who believe in a better way. On this page you will find information about us, our mission and our wonderful partners who are helping us care for country and community.
We are super proud to say that every aspect of our tours have been designed to not only provide you with an incredible nature experience but also to be as environmentally sustainable as we can possibly achieve in this present day, but let us assure you that our plans for the future are even greener!
Living by K’gari lore…
We LOVE spending time in nature so it is no surprise that we have a deep respect for the oldest surviving culture in the world. Our partnerships and friendships with the traditional custodians of this island have instilled a deep understanding in us that goes beyond the realms of science. Every decision we make has to be good for K’gari, good for you and good for our growing community. The Butchulla people lived by 3 laws…
1. What is good for the land comes first
Meaning, the biodiversity of the land must be sustained.
2. If you have plenty, you must share
Meaning knowledge passed down through generations.
3. Don’t take what does not belong to you
Meaning life’s necessities, like clean air and water.
It was these 3 laws that gave us our mission. We do our best, but it’s not easy. The government doesn’t help much at all when it comes to providing the services or funding that the community needs to look after K’gari but nonetheless, we stand side by side with the traditional owners in fighting for a pollution free future for our precious planet.
We will be 100% carbon neutral by 2030, that’s a promise! In fact, we already invest in off sets we just haven’t found a programme that fits all goals yet but we are getting there.
Over the years it has become apparent to us that many people are not as fortunate as our guests to learn much about Dingoes. So we started #FraserDingoWatch to help educate people about how amazing these animals are.
Our GREEN CLIMATE ACTION PLAN
the simple version of our very complicated and ambitious plan
1. SUPPORTING LOCALS… Shopping local has always been very important to us so when we started our baby business we wanted to carry this through. Read more here.
2. CONSCIOUS CONSUMING… We do our best to buy only what is necessary and are we’re pretty handy with all manner of tools and we love fixing what we can.
3. PLANET FRIENDLY PRODUCTS… Nearly all the products we buy come in recycled bottles and are all plant based so they are gentle on your skin and our planet.
4. REDUCING WASTE… Food waste is one of our most challenging projects and is for most people. We closely monitor our food consumption to strike the balance between having plenty but not too much.
5. REUSING VALUABLE RESOURCES… Such as plastics. We use used plastic bottles to make ice, this saves us buying in bags and we get pretty creative with making use of “rubbish”.
6. RECYCLING VALUABLE RESOURCES… Recycling is what we are most passionate about, but not just putting it in the bin, instead really seeking out opportunities that are helping to close the loop.
7. HARNESSING THE POWER OF THE SUN… We’re proud to say that our two properties on K’gari and our property in Noosa run entirely off solar power.
8. SHARING KNOWLEDGE… and inspiring others to step up their green game. We do lots of community work from hosting our Beach Clean Ups to supporting local conservation groups.
9. EDUCATING OURSELVES… It’s a case of whether you believe in climate change or not, the science is in and we think it’s about time we all educate ourselves before it’s too late.
10. our Carbon Neutral goal…
We are super excited to be on our way to being carbon neutral. We are busy calculating and learning about ways to reduce our carbon footprint at the moment. From calculating all the waste (both landfill and recyclable) that is produced from our tours and team, tracking the amount of diesel and petrol used by our cars and keeping track of the amount of meat consumed on our tours. It’s a big job, it’s a hard job but it’s a worthy goal that we are all extremely passionate about achieving soon.
Bring on 2030, hey!
11. Bringing Ev’s to K’gari
Yep, you read that right, we are hoping to be one of the 1st 4WD touring companies to run electric vehicles to K’gari. It’s a long way off yet but we are busy working behind the scenes on electric conversion kits for our gas guzzling 4WDs.