JOIN US FOR THE ULTIMATE BEACH CLEAN UP EXPERIENCE!
Giving back is at the heart of what we do. Join us on one of our Beach Clean Ups on K’gari to learn about and help look after the island. Spend half your trip exploring and the other half caring for K’gari.Learn about the importance of the island’s biodiversity and fauna and flora. Take long walks along the beach collecting plastic and enjoy spending a weekend with likeminded people who care as much about our planet as you do. Take home what you learn and inspire your friends and family to be the change we need to see in our world.
Our Beach Clean Ups are all about us living by the first law of K’gari and her peoples. What is good for the land must come first and we could not agree more. We are honoured to work with the Butchulla community in bringing people to country to help clean up the beach.
Our GREEN CLIMATE ACTION PLAN
1. SUPPORTING LOCALS… Shopping local has always been very important to us so when we started our baby business we wanted to carry this through. Read more here.
2. CONSCIOUS CONSUMING… We do our best to buy only what is necessary and are we’re pretty handy with all manner of tools and we love fixing what we can.
3. PLANET FRIENDLY PRODUCTS… Nearly all the products we buy come in recycled bottles and are all plant based so they are gentle on your skin and our planet.
4. REDUCING WASTE… Food waste is one of our most challenging projects and is for most people. We closely monitor how food consumption to strike the balance between having plenty but not too much.
5. REUSING VALUABLE RESOURCES… Such as plastics. We use used plastic bottles to make ice, this saves us buying in bags and we get pretty creative with making use of “rubbish”.
6. RECYCLING VALUABLE RESOURCES… Recycling is what we are most passionate about, but not just putting it in the, really seeking out opportunities that are helping to close the loop.
7. HARNESSING THE POWER OF THE SUN… We’re proud to say that our two properties on K’gari and our property in Noosa run entirely off solar power.
8. SHARING KNOWLEDGE… and inspiring others to step up their green game. We do lost of community work from hosting our Beach Clean Ups to supporting local conservation groups.
9. EDUCATING OURSELVES… It’s a case of whether you believe in climate change or not, the science is in and we think it’s about time we all educate ourselves before it’s too late.
10. our Carbon Neutral goal…
We are super excited to be on our way to being carbon neutral. We are busy calculating and learning about ways to reduce our carbon footprint at the moment. From calculating all the waste (both landfill and recyclable) that is produced from our tours and team, tracking the amount of diesel and petrol used by our cars and keeping track of the amount of meat consumed on our tours. It’s a big job, it’s a hard job but it’s a worthy goal that we are all extremely passionate about achieving soon.
Bring on 2030 hey!